[Cartoweb-users] Re: Oracle 9i Problem

Max H. Ueda mhanzo at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 8 06:01:57 EST 2006

Actually, I forgot some configuration steps, like copying the Oracle Instant
Client 10.2.0.2 oci.dll file at the ./wamp/php/ directory, setting some system
environment variables, and using the right pecl php extension dll file.

Now, I'm facing another misconfiguration problem, that occurs specifically with
Cartoweb. In my machine, everything works fine, I can access an Oracle 9i
database in another machine, and use the information retrieved to the
funcionalities of my application. But, when I installed everything in another
computer, I got another error, Cartoweb fails to communicate with Oracle due to
TSN problems.

The funny thing is, that I can retrieve data from that database by using php
applications (OCIlogon, OCIparse, etc.), but, unfortunately, the same does not
occur with Cartoweb.

As soon as I solve this, I'll post the steps required to run Cartoweb with a
foreign (I mean, in another machine) Oracle database.

Regards,

Max H. Ueda