[Cartoweb-users] Cartoweb Functionality

Max Ueda mhanzo at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 19 06:00:03 EST 2006

Hi Andresch,

Well, like you, I had some difficulties to develop a
web-based system by using Cartoweb, and tried several
frameworks, servers, clients, etc.

Some pages can help you to build your portal:

http://www.cartoweb.org/cwiki/Foss4g06Workshops

The FOSS4G06 Workshop. I could manage to set up the
things by reading this file

And also, some Map Server stuff:
http://biometry.gis.umn.edu/tutorial/

It has some info on how to make mapfiles, and how to
config data to be used.

You'll also need to learn some Smarty, JavaScript, PHP
stuff and web servers.

I hope this can help you.

Regards,

Max Ueda