[Cartoweb-users] Cartoweb Functionality

andresch at iway.na andresch at iway.na
Tue Dec 19 07:37:12 EST 2006

Hi Max

First, Thanks for the feedback.

I have already managed to learn how to built a mapserver map file, but
do not know PHP, Javascript, etc.

I have a friend that does, but he seems not interested helping -
waisting my time.

I also know GIS and am using Arcmap. The issue is I want urgently to
finish building the portal framework and design the website so that I
can try and sellmy idea. As long as it is still in my head - nobody
will want to buy it. Where can I go without spending too much money -
whileI still have no client. I am more than willing to learn, but this
takes time and I would like to be able to start presenting solutions
early next year.

This is the problem I have with most of the opensource stuff. I tried
mapbender = nobody bothered to answer my email.
p.mapper = same story
geoserver = very limited responce
native mapserver = wel I have it up and running but does not provide
allI need and the responce is also limited.

Well, lets see that is the situation with Cartoweb...

Andre
Skype: andreschoonbee
MSN: apschoonbee at msn.com