[Cartoweb-users] out of scale icon

Alexandre Saunier alexandre.saunier at camptocamp.com
Fri Feb 3 11:02:32 EST 2006

Hello,

Valerio Noti wrote:
> is it possible to hide (for some layers) the out-of-scale icon on themes
> list and so display the normal icon even if the layer is out of scale?

No, that's not possible.

> I'm a little confused about the use of metadata.minscale and maxscale
> parameters in layers.ini:
>
> If I set in mapfile:
>
> maxscale 5000
> minscale  50
>
> and in layers.ini
>
> ..metadata.maxscale = 100000
> ..metadata.minscale =  10
>
> it seems that these last parameters have no effect and I get the
> out-of-scale icon that links to 5000 scale.

First, in layers.ini metadata, the correct keywords are 'minScale' and
'maxScale' (note the capital S => config parameters are case-sensitive!).

I would add that you cannot use metadata.maxScale (resp.
metadata.minScale) for simple layers (ie. matching an effective mapfile
layer). In that case, simply use the MAXSCALE (resp. MINSCALE) mapfile
attribute.
See  http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/layer > MAXSCALE

The metadata mechanism is intended only for layerGroups (they are not
described in the mapfile).

AS