[Cartoweb-users] MS4W and WAMP Apache server conflict

Oliver Ishmael oliver_ishmael at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 9 14:41:13 EST 2006

Hello,

I currently have MS4W installed, which as many of you will be aware is an
installation package similar to WAMP.

I would ideally like to have both MS4W and WAMP installed on my machine for
development purposes (although only one will be running at a time). I have
tried installing WAMP and have been successful in getting the wampmysql
service installed. However, the Apache element of WAMP won't install even
though i have disabled the MS4W Apache service.

Is there a known conflict here? Has anyone else successfully managed to
install and run both the MS4W and WAMP environments on one hard-drive?

Can anyone suggest what might be stopping the wampApache service from
installing and or tell me exactly how to install it?

Cheers
Olly