[Cartoweb-users] issues with the demoPlugins installation

PORTANERI Franck fportaneri.ext at rd.francetelecom.com
Tue Feb 21 10:09:45 EST 2006

Hi all,

I tried to follow the installation notes for the demoPlugin add-on :

First I think it may have few typo in the manual section
"1.2.4.2.2. Graph Importation", first step:

    You wrote:

$ CREATE TABLE roads_europe (gid int UNIQUE, source_id int, target_id int);
$ SELECT AddGeometryColumn('roads_europe', 'the_geom', -1, 'MULTILINESTRING', 2 );
$ INSERT INTO roads_europe (gid, the_geom) (SELECT gid, the_geom FROM roads_europe);

    To avoid some errors during the nexts steps, I had to launch:

$ CREATE TABLE roads_europe (gid int UNIQUE, source_id int, target_id int);
$ SELECT AddGeometryColumn('roads_europe', 'the_geom', -1, 'MULTILINESTRING', 2 );
$ INSERT INTO roads_europe (gid, the_geom) (SELECT gid, the_geom FROM roads_europe*_tmp*); <<
*$ ALTER TABLE roads_europe ADD COLUMN edge_id int;                                       <<*

But after the whole process, I have the following failure message under
CartoWeb:

    Userinfo: SELECT txt, geom_id FROM roads_europe_vertices WHERE txt
    != '' ORDER BY txt [nativecode=ERROR: column "txt" does not exist]

It seems that the  create_graph_tables creates the table
roads_europe_vertices with no txt column...!!!

    demo_plugins=# \d roads_europe_vertices;
                                    Table "public.roads_europe_vertices"
     Column  |       Type        |
    Modifiers
    ---------+-------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------
     id      | integer           | not null default
    nextval('public.roads_europe_vertices_id_seq'::text)
     geom_id | integer           | not null
     txt     | character varying |
        "roads_europe_vertices_geom_id_key" UNIQUE, btree (geom_id)
        "roads_europe_vertices_id_idx" btree (id)

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

--
Franck