[Cartoweb-users] issues with the demoPlugins installation

werner.meyer7 at bluewin.ch werner.meyer7 at bluewin.ch
Wed Feb 22 02:56:39 EST 2006

Hello,

have you noticed that the installation instruction contains
redundant and confilicting steps ?

When you execute this in 1.2.3 ...:

"
l Import Europe road geodata in PostGIS, create its graph structure
and configure plugin routing database. To do so, simply execute the
demo_routing.sql file, located in the <CARTOWEB_HOME>/projects/
demoPlugins/server_conf/sql directory."

... the demo_routing.sql file creates the Table roads_europe including data
and does the things that are described later in 1.2.4.2.2 (for manual
execution ???):

"
1.2.4.2.2. Graph Importation
The first step is to delete unneeded columns of the table roads_europe_tmp.
To do so, you can type:
$ CREATE TABLE roads_europe (gid int UNIQUE, source_id int, target_id int);
$ SELECT AddGeometryColumn('roads_europe', 'the_geom', -1,
'MULTILINESTRING',
2 );
$ INSERT INTO roads_europe (gid, the_geom) (SELECT gid, the_geom FROM
roads_europe);
The resulting table is so roads_europ..."

So We have to choose. I tried to do both in sequence and created quite a
mess.
Dropping everything and executing only demo_routing.sql  gave a functioning
demo.

Werner Meyer

I tried to follow the installation notes for the demoPlugin add-on :

First I think it may have few typo in the manual section
"1.2.4.2.2. Graph Importation", first step:

    You wrote:

$ CREATE TABLE roads_europe (gid int UNIQUE, source_id int, target_id int);
$ SELECT AddGeometryColumn('roads_europe', 'the_geom', -1,
'MULTILINESTRING', 2 );
$ INSERT INTO roads_europe (gid, the_geom) (SELECT gid, the_geom FROM
roads_europe);

    To avoid some errors during the nexts steps, I had to launch:

$ CREATE TABLE roads_europe (gid int UNIQUE, source_id int, target_id int);
$ SELECT AddGeometryColumn('roads_europe', 'the_geom', -1,
'MULTILINESTRING', 2 );
$ INSERT INTO roads_europe (gid, the_geom) (SELECT gid, the_geom FROM
roads_europe*_tmp*); <<
*$ ALTER TABLE roads_europe ADD COLUMN edge_id int;
<<*

But after the whole process, I have the following failure message under
CartoWeb:

    Userinfo: SELECT txt, geom_id FROM roads_europe_vertices WHERE txt
    != '' ORDER BY txt [nativecode=ERROR: column "txt" does not exist]

It seems that the  create_graph_tables creates the table
roads_europe_vertices with no txt column...!!!

    demo_plugins=# \d roads_europe_vertices;
                                    Table "public.roads_europe_vertices"
     Column  |       Type        |
    Modifiers
    ---------+-------------------+------------------------------------------
-----------------------------
     id      | integer           | not null default
    nextval('public.roads_europe_vertices_id_seq'::text)
     geom_id | integer           | not null
     txt     | character varying |
        "roads_europe_vertices_geom_id_key" UNIQUE, btree (geom_id)
        "roads_europe_vertices_id_idx" btree (id)

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

--
Franck