[Cartoweb-users] Gettext command msgfmt or msgcat was not found

oliver.christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Thu Jan 12 14:54:35 EST 2006

you downloaded the gettext setup file?
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gnuwin32/gettext-0.14.4.exe?download

once you have, double clic on it to install it on window

Then, set the path to the Gettext binary in your PATH environment variable.
( control panel > system > Advanced > Environment Variables). If there is no
PATH variable, add a new one. If a PATH variable is already present, you can
add the path to gettext at the end of the existing path values, but add a
";" inbetween: path1;path2;path3): )
C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin;The example above is true if the Gettext
binaries are installed in C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin.

All this is explained in cartoweb documentation:
http://www.cartoweb.org/doc_head/docbook/xhtml/user.install.html#user.install.win32
1.1.4.3.1. CartoWeb Setup with DOS, Note 2