[Cartoweb-users] ClientCheckInstall plugin

oliver oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Thu Jan 19 04:06:58 EST 2006

Hi Paul

you can call the php executable from any location, this way:

\wamp\php\php.exe

( if the php5 executable is in \wamp\php\ )

To execute the setup script, you have to be in the cartoweb3 folder and execute the command like that:

\wamp\php\php.exe cw3setup.php --install --base-url http://the/url/to/your/htdocs/directory/
\wamp\php\php.exe cw3setup.php --clean

same logic apply on mac

if you want to make that easier, see http://www.cartoweb.org/doc_head/docbook/xhtml/user.install.html#user.install.win32 note 1

Regards,

  I'm unsure about some other issues from my last email.

  On windows do i have to be in the location 'php' directory to use the <php-interpreter>? if so do i then just enter 'cw3setup.php --install --base-url....etc' at the command prompt?.

  On Mac OS X the <php-interpreter> is in '/usr/local/php5/bin' do i have to navigate to 'bin' then enter 'cw3setup.php --install --base-url....etc' at the (terminal) command prompt?

  OR is 'cw3setup.php' executed from within the 'cartoweb3' root on both mac & pc?.

  I think this may be where i'm going wrong because i'm unsure wht is meant to happen if the 'cw3setup.php' is executed successfully.

  REGARDS