[Cartoweb-users] location state not yet initialized

Valerio Noti valerionoti at yahoo.it
Thu Jan 26 04:32:32 EST 2006

Hi,
maybe my description of the problem in previous post (demoLocation plugin)
was a little confused.
I'm trying to add demoLocation plugin to my project in order to do a search
by name.
Postgres db is the same of DemoPlugins project (working) and I tried to
repeat configurations in my project.
Something went wrong.
When I add the demoLocation to

loadPlugins = exportCsv, exportPdf, outline, auth, demoLocation

in client_conf/clienti.ini

I get this error that I don't know what it means:

Class : CartoclientExceptionMessage : location state not yet initialized
Backtrace:

file: 310 - c:\wamp\www\cartoweb3\client\HttpRequestHandler.php
call: ClientLocation->getLocation()

In addition, my goal is to do a *like* type search by name and to permit
users to choose between multiple query results (i.e. i want to search for
'mila' and then i'd like to choose between 'milano' and 'milanello': my
choice wold be passed to cartoweb (don't know how).

Is the demoLocation plugin a correct way to do this or should I write my
code to query postgres db and then call cartoweb in some way?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Valerio