[Cartoweb-users] Using decimal degree

Edouard Legoupil legoupil at unhcr.org
Wed May 10 14:20:08 EDT 2006

Dear All,

Some few questions about using decimal degrees into cartoweb:
 I would like to use geographic coordinates for my mapspace for two reasons: first my customers are using GPS, and should be able to find a location in the mapserver with the geographic coordinate they have from their recepter.
 Secondly as i have to manage scale from 1/1000 to 1/30 000 000, i cannot use one single standard UTM projection for all this...
The problem are: the coordinate viewer and the coordinated search search  are both in X,Y, and when i use geographicla coordinate the measuremen tool are not working....

Does anyone have clues or solutions ?

>From a previous message, i have read that Pierre GIRAUD is working on it, is it?

Thanks a lot and best regards

Edouard