[Cartoweb-users] Write a plugin

Jacolin Yves yjacolin at free.fr
Wed May 31 05:57:13 EDT 2006

The aim of my plugin is to allow user to create new layers (postgis Layers) or
to import data in postgis. My form is :
an input text for ther name of the layer, another one for the 1st column and a
list for its type and a javascript code to add new input text and list box
for another fields. Further fields will be add to create metadata (author,
date, description, ...). Two columns will be create outomaticly (id and
the_geom).
I just need to get these variables and create my layers in postgis using
PEAR::DB.
I think this plugin is quiet easy (does it ?) to write and will be a good
beginning for my first plugin.

My code for ClientLayersManagement is :
<?php
class ClientlayersManagement extends ClientEdit implements GuiProvider {
   public function replacePlugin(){
      return 'edit';
   }
    /**
    * Constructor
    */
    public function __construct() {
        $this->log =& LoggerManager::getLogger(__CLASS__);
        parent::__construct();
    }
    public function handleHttpPostRequest($request) {
         $test = $request['nameNewColunm1'];
    }
    public function handleHttpGetRequest($request) {}
}
?>

And I get this error :
"PHP Parse error:  parse error, unexpected T_STRING
in /var/www/html/cartoweb3/projects/script/plugins/layersManagement/client/ClientLayersManagement.php
on line 18"

Thanks,

Y.
Le Mercredi 31 Mai 2006 11:42, vous avez écrit :
> Your new plugin class implements the GuiProvider interface, doesn't it ?
> In this case, you can use 2 public methods :
>
> ------------------
> public function handleHttpPostRequest($request) {
>     $variable_to_use = $request['the_variable_sent_by_form'];
> }
>
> public function handleHttpGetRequest($request) {}
> -----------------
>
> Those methods let you access to your posted variables.
>
> Do you need to work on your variables before you use them (apply filters) ?
> Do you need to do some jobs before you retrieve request variables
> (initialize your plugin) ?
>
> Regards
>
> Pierre
>
> Jacolin Yves wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have some difficulities to write my plugin. Actually, I am a newby in
> > php OO so I am a little bit lost. I would like to use my variable create
> > by adding a form in the edit template (done). I know that these variables
> > are send in the request(they appear in the log request), and I have to do
> > something before to use them in php code. But I don't know how !
> >
> >Thanks for your help,
> >
> >Yves Jacolin
> >http://yjacolin.gloobe.org
> >----
> >Stagaire Conservatoire Régional des Espaces Naturels de la région Centre
> >http://cahiersnaturalistes.free.fr/cpnrc/
> >----
> >- Qu'est-ce que cela peut faire que je lutte pour la mauvaise cause
> >puisque je suis de bonne foi?
> >- Et qu'est-ce que ça peut faire que je sois de mauvaise foi
> >puisque c'est pour la bonne cause. (Jacques Prévert)

Yves Jacolin
http://yjacolin.gloobe.org
----