[Cartoweb-users] Retrieving a Smarty Variable from cartoclient.tpland writing its contents to a html file

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Mon Nov 13 03:05:24 EST 2006

Why dont you extend the table plugin ? So you could act directly where the
table_result is generated and you could have better control on the php code
than inside a smarty template.

to extend a plugin, you simply have to create a new php file, named for
exemple ClientMyProjectTables.php and containing:

<?php
/**
 * @package CorePlugins
 * @version $Id: ClientMyProjectTables.php,v 1.8 2005/02/23 11:52:43 johndoe
Exp $
 */

class ClientMyProjectTables extends ClientTables {

    public function replacePlugin() {
        return 'tables';
    }

    /* Add or overload methods here */

}
?>to know where to add your piece of code writing your messagem.html file,
refer to the flow diagram
(http://www.cartoweb.org/doc/misc/plugins_diagram.pdf (yes the quality is
low, I need to redo it))If you want to have exactly the same result object
as in the normal table output, you will have to do it in function renderForm
or after, like this:    public function renderForm(Smarty $template)
{       $tablesResult = $this->renderFormPrepare();       $file =
fopen("messagem.html","w"); // maybe you will have to check the path to this
$tag2="</body></html>";       fwrite($file,$tag1);       fwrite($file,
$tablesResult);       fwrite($file, $tag2);       fclose($file);
parent::renderForm($template);   }