[Cartoweb-users] Premature end of script headers

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Mon Oct 2 09:18:50 EDT 2006

After having asked around, it seems this kind of error may come from an
uncritical config error (like damaged fonts or symbols), so sometimes it
works and sometimes not.
If your operating system is linux, you can try to run apache with strace so
you can pinpoint exactly what is the problem cause. This is delicate though.

here is a documentation on how to launch apache with strace
http://httpd.apache.org/dev/debugging.html#truss
this exemple is with truss, but you can do the same with strace, like this:
strace -f -o/tmp/log /usr/sbin/apache2
the log file will contain all the system calls within apache, so the only
part that will interest you is the ones just before the error occure.