[Cartoweb-users] tooltips plugin, AjaxPlugins not defined

Vincent Picavet vpi at makina-corpus.com
Fri Oct 27 04:24:46 EDT 2006

Hi there,
First and before all, I would like to thank one more time the camp to camp
crew for their work at foss4g and the free beer (free as in beer ;).
That said, here are my troubles with cartoweb.
I try to get the tooltips plugin running, in Mouse Timeout Asynchronous mode.

I enabled ajax in client.ini, added "toolTips" module in client.ini
(client.ini.in actually) and server_conf ini file.
I configured a tooTips.ini file with the right options and connexion to the
database. I created a main template file as well, matching the name in
toolTips.ini
I then ran cw3setup with install, clean and development profile options.

Now when I run client.php, the map displays correctly, but no tooltip appears.
There actually is a Javascript error :

"AjaxPlugins is not defined"            client.php (line 83)

This error occurs on the first line of function initToolTips :

------
 /* Assigns JS state variables:
 * layerListIds and scale for toolTipsRequests
 */

 function initToolTips() {
 if (typeof(AjaxPlugins.ToolTips) != 'undefined') {

 AjaxPlugins.ToolTips.serviceUrl = './client.php?toolTips=1';
 AjaxPlugins.ToolTips.charSet = 'utf-8';
 AjaxPlugins.ToolTips.lang = '';

 }
--------

Do you have any directions for me to work on in order to know what happens and
fix it ?

One other thing is that the graphical log viewer is not visible any more, even
if i really am in developer mode. Maybe I changed an option somewhere and
can't manage to find it, but perhaps it coulb be linked with the error
above ?

Thanks for any help,
Vincent

PS : sorry if this message is duplicate, the first one sent was not on the
list after 24h...