[Cartoweb-users] RE: ToolTips plugin

veroh at bluewin.ch veroh at bluewin.ch
Fri Apr 20 09:10:11 EDT 2007

Hello
I tested and implemented Tooltips plugin on my project and it
works. I see two points differents in your data, all of them in the
map file.

1) I added the lines 'query returned attributes' = 'xxx' where the
attributes I want to show in the ToolTips is a tleast mentionned (in
your case popis).

2) I also, for the connection to postrgesql have a more complete
DATA lines, not only with "the geom from xxx" but DATA 'the_geom from
(SELECT the_geom, oid gid, attribute_column FROM databasename) as
foo' and after that a TEMPLATE 'foo' line.

Does it helps ?

Véronique

Hi,
could anybody help me with toolTips plugin please?

in tooltips.ini I have defined:
timeout_async.swdemo_budovy.label = "Budovy"
timeout_async.swdemo_budovy.dsn = "pgsql://s:h@localhost:5432/dbb"
timeout_async.swdemo_budovy.dbTableName = swdemo_budovy
timeout_async.swdemo_budovy.attributes = "popis"

in mapfile is:
LAYER
  NAME swdemo_budovy
  TYPE POLYGON
  STATUS ON
  CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
    CONNECTION 'user=s password=h dbname=dbb host=localhost
port=5432'
    DATA "the_geom from swdemo_budovy"
  CLASS
    NAME "Swdemo_budovy"
    TEMPLATE "ttt"
    COLOR 235 200 120
    OUTLINECOLOR 182 130 17
  END
  METADATA
   'id_attribute_string' 'gid|int'
  END
END

When I move mouse over the object jsTrace says:
Result initialized
AjaxPlugins.ToolTips: sending request for coords
-357344.15238118666,
-833211.1333333333...
Request sent with url
:./client.php?toolTips=1&geoX=-357344.15238118666&geoY=-
833211.1333333333&charSet=utf-8〈=
AjaxPlugins.ToolTips: no result
AjaxPlugins.ToolTips: mouse is out map
AjaxPlugins.ToolTips: AJAX request aborted!
AjaxPlugins.ToolTips: no result

This is the same when isn't mouse on object from this layer.

What is wrong please?

Thank you

wochter

p.s.
I use actual cvs version with  ajaxOn = true

End of Cartoweb-users Digest, Vol 24, Issue 29