[Cartoweb-users] performance issues - with cartoweb 3.4

Volkmar Herbst Privat volkmar.herbst at t-online.de
Sat Aug 25 14:06:57 EDT 2007

Dear all, I have a serious problem with a site where the performance is very
slow.

In order to find out why I did the test with a simple map server application
using the same mapfile and data with the following results:

-          one layer pan 1:1000  simple mapserver takes 3 sec.   -> cartoweb
application takes 26 sec

-          20 layer pan simple mapserver takes 5 sec   -> cartoweb
application takes 39 sec

Following it seems that there is something wrong with my cartoweb
application and not the data side. I did use the demoCW3 as starting point
and did only customise some java for queries.

I configured the application but did not add or change any of the php or
java code. I use postgis data and have to display about 20 layers of which
the largest has 60 000 features. That should go much faster.

I also checked the cache options (an of course profile production) but no
result.

Does anybody have any ideas what else I could try???

Or anybody experienced the same problem???

Thanks for any hints

Volkmar