[Cartoweb-users] performance issues - with cartoweb 3.4

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Mon Aug 27 03:55:56 EDT 2007

Simple mapserver application must be quicker but 26 sec for a pan seems effectively very very wrong.
When you try the same actions in the original demoCW3, is it also that slow ? Or does the effect only appear in your modified version ?

Could you eventualy notice if the problems seem to be with the php or something in the dhtml/javascript (so after the result has been sent to the client)
Im not an expert but snifing the http data transert on the server may help to be sure

There is sadely no really easy way to know whats slowing down the application. What you can do is use apd (http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.apd.php) to generate logs of all calls and then use KCacheGrind to read the log (all infos are on that page). This is a bit tedious but it would allow to pinpoint exactly the source of the problem.

Regards