[Cartoweb-users] Cartoweb 3.4 and outline tool

giuseppe.derossi at email.it giuseppe.derossi at email.it
Thu Dec 27 06:35:54 EST 2007

Hi Oliver, hi to everybody,
at least I updateted my projects to the new release. To me cart3.4 is very
powerful and friendly.
In my projects I performed some modifications, for example I substituted the
text area into outline tools so Users can write something more than a simple
one row of input text. In my first attempt I've only substituted the input
text with textarea but the content was not printed on the map after typing
it. Now it works becouse I've substituted the ok button:

Original code:

<input type="text" id="outline_label_text" name="outline_label_text"
      value="{t}your label{/t}" onfocus="this.value = '';
      {literal}this.form.onsubmit = function() {doSubmit()};"{/literal} />

       <input type="button" value="{t}ok{/t}" style="margin:1px"
      onclick="return CartoWeb.trigger('Outline.AddFeature', 'doSubmit()');"
/>

New code:

<TEXTAREA id="outline_label_text" name="outline_label_text" rows="5"
cols="20"
   onfocus="this.value = '';
      {literal}this.form.onsubmit = function() {doSubmit()};"{/literal} >
      </TEXTAREA>

      <input type="button" value="{t}ok{/t}" style="margin:1px"
      onclick="doSubmit();" />

In this way I lost the ajax facility, is there a way in order to use a text
area with ajax?
About the Outline plugin, is there a way to delete only one symbol and its
text due to an error ?

THanks to everybody and season gretings.

Giu

 Sponsor:
 Realizza i tuoi sogni con i finanziamenti Finatel! Fino a 50.000 Euro senza
spese in pochissimo tempo. Richiedi Informazioni

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=7371&d=20071227