[Cartoweb-users] exportPdf Timeout

Lauber Christoph ch.lauber at geo-thun.ch
Fri Dec 28 14:46:12 EST 2007

Hi list

Printing a pdf with the pdfExport Plugin I get the following error:

Message : Mapserver error: Error in msDrawWMSLayerLow(): WMS GetMap
request failed for layer 'AV_KtBern' (Status -28: TIMEOUT of 30 seconds
exceeded.).
Error in msHTTPExecuteRequests(): HTTP: TIMEOUT of 30 seconds exceeded
for http://....

First I thought I can easily increase the timeout in the httpd.conf file
of the apache webserver. But that didn't do what I expected. Either I
did something wrong or I have to do something else.

The layer I want to print is a WMS layer. It works fine with 72 and 150
dpi resolution. But the 300 dpi resolution crashes.

I there an other timeout I have to look for wms layers (WMS GetMap
request)?
Is it possible that the WMS server prohibits a 300 dpi picture request?
Do you think the timeout is set by the wms server or the wms client
(CartoWeb)?
Any other ideas?

Thanks for help

Christoph Lauber