[Cartoweb-users] Problem with demoRouting Extension

Rainer Jochem cartoweb at jochem.name
Sun Feb 4 09:56:35 EST 2007

Hello everyone,

I'm currtently trying to install the demoRouting Example from the
manual. When it comes to the point where the source/target columns get filled
using "SELECT assign_vertex_id('roads_europe', 1);" I always run into an error.
Strangely the error changes -- issuing the same command twice results in two
different error messages. Any further try then causes the same error as in the
second try. (see below). The only hint I found in the web was this posting
http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/cartoweb-users/2006-January/000390.html
but first of all disconnecting from the DB and trying again doesn't help and
second, this doesn't look like a solution to the problem.

I'm using CVS Head of cartoweb with postgres8.1 and postgis1.2.1.

Any hints on what could cause this errors?

First try:
demo_plugins=# SELECT assign_vertex_id('roads_europe', 1);
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "vertices_tmp_id_seq" for serial column "vertices_tmp.id"
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "CREATE TABLE vertices_tmp ( id serial )"
PL/pgSQL function "assign_vertex_id" line 13 at SQL statement ERROR:  new row for relation "vertices_tmp" violates check constraint "enforce_srid_the_geom"
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "INSERT INTO vertices_tmp (the_geom) VALUES ( $1 )" PL/pgSQL function "point_to_id" line 11 at SQL statement PL/pgSQL function "assign_vertex_id" line 22 at assignment

Second try:
demo_plugins=# SELECT assign_vertex_id('roads_europe', 1);
ERROR:  relation with OID 29460 does not exist CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT  id, the_geom FROM vertices_tmp WHERE distance(the_geom,  $1 ) <  $2 " PL/pgSQL function
"point_to_id" line 7 at select into variables PL/pgSQL function "assign_vertex_id" line 22 at assignment

Regards,
 Rainer