[Cartoweb-users] Plugin development issue: to which path do the template (*.tpl) file points?

Max Ueda mhanzo at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 10 14:56:31 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm designing a plugin that has a radio button at the
template (*.tpl file).

So far, I have not found any problems to make the
plugin to write the data to the template file.
Basically, it retrieves rows from a SQL database, and
throws the matches in a radio button list (according
to the template).

So, I did use the following Smarty and html tags to do
so at the template file:

<form method="POST" action="action.php">
     {html_radios name='campo' values=$cust_names
         output=$cust_names  separator='<br />'}
<input type="submit" value="OK">

($cust_names being both input and output values at the
same time. )

The file action.php should perform the action
according to the choice done with the radio buttons,
by receiving the $cust_manes values (actually, it
should use the data thrown and chosen at the radio
button list, for example, given a string, perform a
recentering, or calling a plugin, say, Outline Draw
Points) , but nothing seems to happen when I click the
"OK".

To which path does the tpl file point when the tag
"action=somefile.php" is used? When I tried this with
Smarty, it points directly to the path where the
'main' or 'calling' *.php file is located.

I also noticed that some plugins has many php files at
the ./projectName/plugins/pluginName/client/ path. Are
all those files interacting directly with the template
files located at the
./projectName/plugins/pluginName/templates/ path, just
like Smarty standard installation does?

Thanks in advance,

Max Ueda