[Cartoweb-users] $_ENV['CW3_PROJECT'], and other variables

Max Ueda mhanzo at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 15 12:38:15 EST 2007

Hi,

What for is the $_ENV array?

The question I have may sound stupid, but, I'm out of
ideas, and this is the last one that came.

I need to have access from a web application to the
template variables of the Cartoweb Application I'm
using.

For example, I have the Cartoweb Application and its
plugins, and a web application (one of those websites
that does some database retrieval operations and
displays them as html pages). All I need is to throw
the values retrieved from that application to the
Cartoweb Application, without accessing the
MyProject.php file explicitly.

In other words, all I need is to use the retrieved
data from my web application to use the Cartoweb
Plugins I've developed (mostly, recentering and
outline) without having to access the plugin
templates/forms.

For example, I retrieve some data (lat/long
coordinates, street&number) from my webapp, and when I
click a submit button, I need it to transmit the data
to the CArtoweb application, and then, it displays the
main CW3 Project page with the recentered coordinates
(that are related to the item I've retrieved from the
web application) on it.

Is there any other way of doing that without having to
access such variables (for example, the $_REQUEST and
$_POST from PHP)?

Thanks in advance!

Max Ueda