[Cartoweb-users] Gettting the Edition plugin to work

Broun Uganda tekuganda at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 12 14:45:19 EDT 2007

I have installed Cartoweb and tested it with the different examples it works fine.
I have even installed postgres and put some maps which i can access. I have two related problems with the edition plugin though because i can not edit points, lines and polygons. They are only displayed.

where do i define  roles (editor, super user etc) other than the special roles? In the map file how do i specify the security for editing? Can i write "Security_edit" instead of "Security_view" and what is "some_specific parameter"? In a related example sql,  tables are granted to www-data; is that an example of permissions i can set for a user ("www-data")

 It appears to me that not all the tool bar items are implemented or am wrong? How can i move points and lines with the tool bar? I have used the tool items but they don't move and give me an error of null object. If they moved would they take on the new coordinates automatically?
I guess in short a description of the edit plugin functions related to layers and their metadata would help.

Thank you
Broun