[Cartoweb-users] Gettting the Edition plugin to work

Broun Uganda tekuganda at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 13 19:17:21 EDT 2007

Dear Oliver

The table appears but the values can not be edited, individual figures/text editable and the cursor is not a "hand" when i move it over the polygon/line/point.
Let me put it this way the table is not in form of a form where values/text can be replaced. It is just a table for viewing and i cant click on feature elements.
Individual cells in the table are not activated for editing

From: tekuganda at hotmail.comTo: cartoweb-users at lists.maptools.orgDate: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 21:45:19 +0300Subject: [Cartoweb-users] Gettting the Edition plugin to work

I have installed Cartoweb and tested it with the different examples it works fine.I have even installed postgres and put some maps which i can access. I have two related problems with the edition plugin though because i can not edit points, lines and polygons. They are only displayed.

where do i define  roles (editor, super user etc) other than the special roles? In the map file how do i specify the security for editing? Can i write "Security_edit" instead of "Security_view" and what is "some_specific parameter"? In a related example sql,  tables are granted to www-data; is that an example of permissions i can set for a user ("www-data")

 It appears to me that not all the tool bar items are implemented or am wrong? How can i move points and lines with the tool bar? I have used the tool items but they don't move and give me an error of null object. If they moved would they take on the new coordinates automatically?I guess in short a description of the edit plugin functions related to layers and their metadata would help. Thank youBroun

Make every IM count. Download Windows Live Messenger and join the i'm Initiative now. It's free.   Make it count!