[Cartoweb-users] using cartoweb .map-file as a wms-server map

Nicolas Ribot nicolas.ribot at camptocamp.com
Tue Mar 6 11:13:52 EST 2007

Hi Steven,

The error 500 you see with mapserv.exe makes me think the problem is not
related to the WMS part of your mapfile.

To debug your mapserver installation, try to run mapserv.exe in command
line (open a cmd window into the cgi-bin folder).

I suspect some missing DLLs in your configuration.
If it is the case, you should see some windows error messages indicating
the missing dll(s)

Put these DLLs either in the windows\system32 folder or (better option
according to me, allowing to have several versions of mapserver to test,
for instance: put these dlls in the cgi-bin folder, at the same level as
the mapserver.exe itself).

When mapserver can be called successfully in command line, displaying
something like:
"This script can only be used to decode form results and
should be initiated as a CGI process via a httpd server"
then re-test your mapfile

HTH
--
Nicolas RIBOT