[Cartoweb-users] non available pictures handling ("nap")

guillaume champlong goutosig at yahoo.fr
Wed Nov 7 02:03:46 EST 2007

Hi all,

In a CW3 project, I have mapfile layers containing classes ; my legend is "tree"-like, and the point is that I would like to display an icon legend only for the classes, not for the layers.
In order to do this, I first specified a blank.png file for my layers, which is a small white picture, in the layers.ini file. But when I'm outside the visible scale boundaries, the application doesnot display this white png file, so I have a very nasty red cross which is the way internet explorer handles "nap" (firefox simply ignores).
How can I avoid this red cross? Is there a way for displaying no icon for the layers but for the classes?

thanks a lot

G.