[Cartoweb-users] Re: cv3.4 manual install on windows - client "failure"

karsten vennemann karsten at terragis.net
Tue Nov 6 20:14:57 EST 2007

Thanks Oliver,

Indeed the soap.dll did get loaded when I checked with in php.ini and
phpinfo. I didn't know what was going on with the soap.dll.
Thus, I uninstalled Cartoweb, deleted the ms4w package and uncompressed the
cartoweb3.4.zip to a directory in my web root. I reset the windows
environment variables path for proj to C:\proj\bin and proj_lib to
C:\proj\nad\ to reflect the new locations. Then I deleted the Apache alias
for cartoweb3 and set
SetEnv PROJ_LIB C:/proj/nad/   as well.

Now installed Cartoweb again -
My guess is that lat time I have forgotten to include the port when
installing Cartoweb for the cartoweb base url (I have Apache running on port
81, because port 80 is taken by MS IIS).
Now I included the port like this:
d:\web\sites\cartoweb3> C:\PHP\php.exe cw3setup.php --install --base-url
http://localhost:81/sites/cartoweb3/htdocs

Install went through perfectly and now I can load all of the projects.

Hopefully my mistake will help somebody else in the future

Cheers
Karsten