[Cartoweb-users] Re: changes in template file

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Wed Nov 14 02:40:44 EST 2007

Hi

first, by default the template caching is activated, meaning all changes to the templates files are not directly taken into account. You have to manual clear the cache with the command cw3setup.php --clean (in command-line, see http://www.cartoweb.org/doc/cw3.4/xhtml/user.install.html#user.install.main.setup.example.clean)

I would suggest deactivating the caching system while you are developping your project, you can still activate it again when the project is in production phase later, to do so, simply set "profile=development" in your project's client_conf/client.ini file.

also, you should be very clear about the differentiation between the "main" cartoweb files and your project files.
http://www.cartoweb.org/doc/cw3.4/xhtml/user.structure.html#user.structure.project
If you want to personalize some of the "main" templates files, simply copy them in your project (within the correct folders hierarchy), modify them and dont  forget to run a cw3setup.php --install command. This is necessary so the modified files are "mirrored" in the main Cartoweb's htdocs folder, hence viewable.

This allow to keep a clean "main" Cartoweb and only touching up files at the project level.

If you havent already, I would suggest making the tutorial available there:
http://www.cartoweb.org/cwiki/HowToCreateANewProject