[Cartoweb-users] Re: few queries

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Fri Nov 16 09:03:49 EST 2007

Hi

the labels are temporary features that are only stored in session (or not at all, depending of the parameters in config)
it is used to draw on the map and then generate a pdf, mainly.
if you want to add real new objects that would be stored in database, you need to use the "edit" plugin, which is fairly more complex.

the .class (I only see a few of them anyway) are only used if you use httpunit test application. This is a general purpose application that can be used with any php application, to create unit test that are checked automaticaly, to prevent that modification of code break existing functionnalities. Only useful if you intend to involve yourself with Cartoweb development.

all data source are handled via the mapfile, there you define for each layer the data source. These can be shapefile, postgis database or wms server (and other less used).
see maprserver mapfile documentation: http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/layer