[Cartoweb-users] Ajax call starts endless "loading" loop

karsten vennemann karsten at terragis.net
Wed Nov 28 01:08:48 EST 2007

I based my project on demoCW3. Yes - initially the search was working
(before I did modify the tpl files a bit). Actually it is working right now
in Internet Explorer but not in Firefox. That is why I was wondering how
that could be related to the php_sqlite extension. Anyway,  I downloaded the
pecl php extensions for my php 5.0.5 and included  extension=php_pdo.dll and
extension=php_pdo_sqlite.dll in php.ini (it appears that "php_pdo_sqlite"
this is a synonym for "php_sqlite" extension). They load fine when I test
with php_ini. After restarting Apache I am still getting the endless Ajax
call and loading message (not in Internet Explorer though where everything
works fine).

Thus, I am researching (without success yet :-( ) whether there is a
different cause for this ?

Here is my JST race debugger messages:

(by the way I deleted some of the panning elements in my tpl file - how can
I get rid f the warnings below - like Warning: element pan_nw does not
exist!

e.g.)

Setting Ajaxhandler's profile to development...

Initiating actions

AjaxHandler.attachAction(): Attaching action:Location.Pan to element
id:pan_n...

AjaxHandler.attachAction(): Attaching action:Location.Pan to element
id:pan_nw...

Warning: element pan_nw does not exist!

AjaxHandler.attachAction(): Attaching action:Location.Pan to element
id:pan_w...

AjaxHandler.attachAction(): Attaching action:Location.Pan to element
id:pan_sw...

Warning: element pan_sw does not exist!

AjaxHandler.attachAction(): Attaching action:Location.Pan to element
id:pan_s...

AjaxHandler.attachAction(): Attaching action:Location.Pan to element
id:pan_se...

Warning: element pan_se does not exist!

AjaxHandler.attachAction(): Attaching action:Location.Pan to element
id:pan_e...

AjaxHandler.attachAction(): Attaching action:Location.Pan to element
id:pan_ne...

Warning: element pan_ne does not exist!

AjaxHandler.attachAction(): Attaching action:Location.Pan to element
id:keymap...

Warning: element keymap does not exist!

--- Action Search.DoIt triggered ---

Calling Search.DoIt onBeforeAjaxCall()

Calling AjaxPlugins.Common.onBeforeAjaxCall()

Initiating AJAX request

Pending actions: 1

GET params:

ajaxActionRequest=Search.DoIt&

POST params:

posted=1&js_folder_idx=1&selection_type=&selection_coords=&features=&project
=ocla&fake_reset=&fake_query=&outline_label_text=Your
label&tool=zoomin&recenter_doit=0&null=&openNodes=&layers[]=counties&layers[
]=roads&layers[]=people_in_institutions_per_tract&outline_mask=no&shortcut_d
oit=0&recenter_x=&recenter_y=&id_recenter_ids=&search_name=&search_config=co
untries&search_sort_column=&search_sort_direction=asc&search_number=&search_
page=&query_alllayers=1&query_layerid[]=counties&recenter_scale=0&mapsize=0&
shortcut_id=-1&

Waiting for response...

The result is a endless display of the Loading.. window

Karsten

  _____