[Cartoweb-users] Re: [Cartoweb-dev] new tab in template

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Thu Oct 25 03:42:48 EDT 2007

you will need to change the javascript to prevent some conflict. In other
words, you must not have twice the same id in your page. the id of your
secondary tabs must be a bit different from the original tabs, and the
javascript must reflect that change.

the actual tabs system use id="label#" for the tab labels and id="folder#"
for the related tab content.

simply change "label" and "folder" (for example "secondarylabel"
"secondaryfolder") for your secondary tabs system.
change the class of the new folder element. you can not use class="folder"
because the actual javascript use a xGetElementsByClassName to get the list
of folders for the orignial tabs system. So simply give a
class="secondaryfolder" to your new folder elements.

copy the folder.js file and save the copy under another name (dont forget to
add the javascript inlcude in your page header)

in the copy of folder.js, you have to change :

myfolders = xGetElementsByClassName('folder', null, null); <- 'folder' must
be changed by the new *class* name

current = currentFolder.id.substring(6); <- I suspect you will need to
correct the substring value (this get the 6th character of, for example,
'folder4', in this case, '4', indexing always start at 0) so if you use, for
example, 'secondaryfolder#' the number will be index 15

currentLabel = xGetElementById('label' + current); <- 'label' must be
changed

var clickedLabel = xGetElementById('label' + id); <- same

maybe you will also have some conflict with 'tabnav1'/'tabnav2', simply do
the same as I explaned above to prevent that.

also, you will have to rename all the functions name in the copied js, to
prevent conflicts also.

you could also modify the current folder.js to be able to take care of more
that 10 folders and 3 rows. If you know a bit of javascript, it would be
probably cleaner than duplicating everything