[Cartoweb-users] tooltips

guillaume champlong goutosig at yahoo.fr
Wed Sep 5 06:05:52 EDT 2007

Thanks Damien for answering quickly ;

my new toolTips.ini :

timeout_async.Antiq1.label = "Antiquity"
timeout_async.Antiq1.dsn = "pgsql://champlong:champlong@localhost:5432/atlas"
timeout_async.Antiq1.dbTableName = atlas
timeout_async.Antiq1.attributes = "site,antiq1,link"
timeout_async.Antiq1.geomColName = "the_geom"
timeout_async.Antiq1.srid = 4326

I tried several ways with the quotes, but still, it does not work.
maybe I can show you some of my mapfile:

LAYER
 NAME 'Antiq1'
 TYPE POINT
DATA "the_geom FROM (select the_geom,limk,site, gid,antiq1 from atlas where antiq1 != '') as foo using unique gid"
 TEMPLATE "ttt"
 METADATA
   "id_attribute_string" "gid | int"
   "query_returned_attributes" "site antiq1 link"
 END
 FILTER 'antiq1 IS NOT NULL'

Can you see anything wrong?
thanks
G.

Damien Corpataux <damien.corpataux at camptocamp.com> a écrit :        Hello,

 If the JS Debugger doesn't issue an error or stop in the middle of the action, you got all the inclusions right. Then you should try to have a look at the timeout_async.Antiq1 configuration. It seems like the query is OK, but never returns anything; you can try to set the following additional parameters in your config file:

 timeout_async.Antiq1.srid - the srid of your geometries (default -1)
 timeout_async.Antiq1.geomColName - the name of you geom column (geom by default)

 Reagrds,
 Damien

 guillaume champlong wrote: Hi all,

 I am trying to use the toolTips plugins on my project, but the JS Debugger always notes that there is no result to my request.
 I activated the plugin in my client.ini, added a toolTips.ini file in client_conf:

 timeout_async.Antiq1.label = "Antiquity"
 timeout_async.Antiq1.dsn = "pgsql://myuser:mypasswd@localhost:5432/mydb"
 timeout_async.Antiq1.dbTableName = atlas
 timeout_async.Antiq1.attributes = "site,antiq1,link"

 I added

  {if $toolTips_active|default:''}
     <script type="text/javascript"
        src="{r type=js plugin=toolTips}overlib_mini.js{/r}"></script>
     <script type="text/javascript"
       src="{r type=js plugin=toolTips}ToolTips.ajax.js{/r}"></script>
 {/if}

 to my cartoclient.tpl header ;
 Antiq1 is the name of my mapfile layer, as well as my cartoweb.ini layer ;
 the connection to my DB is ok since the query plugin works...

 Did I forget anything?

 thanks
 G.

      Camptocamp SA