[Cartoweb-users] virtuale scale and real scale

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Thu Sep 13 03:21:02 EDT 2007

Hi

the scale image is directly generated by mapserver and depend directly from
the setting set in the mapfile. I sadely dont know if one can can what you
want to do, maybe ask in the mapserver mailinglist ?

> Onother problem that I have pointed, consists on if I set the scale to
> 1000
> I should have the relation: 1 mm -> 1 meter but if I use a line on the
> printing I get, there is not that relation but there is a liner factor
> (about
> 0.78) that I have to use in order to have the right phisical measurement.
> get the print by recalling the png generated image.
> The convertion factor is a function of the size of the map.
> This is for me a great target becouse I'd like to use the map I print as a
> measurement tool.
> Thanks to everybody can explain me the item.

since the scale image and the map image have corresponding scale, why would
it be different when it's displayed on screen and when printed ?
maybe I haven't correctly understood your problem