[Cartoweb-users] special issue with layers.ini

Carolin Latze carolin.latze at unifr.ch
Thu Sep 13 08:20:32 EDT 2007

Hi all,

again me :-) Now, I want to group some of my layers using the
layers.ini. The other layers should be displayed ungrouped. Therefore, I
define a root LayerGroup with the following children:

1) the group of some layers
2) all the other layers, which should not be grouped

It looks very nice like I wished, BUT

Before doing this, I extended the query coreplugin. I did it according
to the CartoWeb documentation. In my extension, this plugin adds a new
column to the table containing some values taken out of an Access db. If
I use the query plugin WITHOUT having the root LayerGroup, everything
works fine (db request will be executed). If I use the plugin WITH the
root LayerGroup, CartoWeb seems to use the original query plugin, since
there my column is missing and there are no error messages. Additionally
I cannot identify any problems in the cartoclient.log.

Is there an explanation for this behaviour?

Thanks in Advance
Carolin

--
Carolin Latze