[Cartoweb-users] porting cartoweb to java app

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Wed Sep 19 03:21:57 EDT 2007

Hi

You can easily trigger map generation by simple http request. So simply have
the java app generate the http request and simply recover the map generated
by Cartoweb/mapserver.

If you dont need extended features, you can also directly access mapserver
alone (also by http)

Keep in mind that Cartoweb is at the moment not so easy to fully integrate
into some existing framework (if you want an all-in-one application) due
mainly to the complex dhtml/javascript interface. Other cartographic
interface are easier to integrate, like OpenLayers (openlayers.org)