[Cartoweb-users] windows installation error

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Fri Sep 28 02:25:55 EDT 2007

hi
i think the terminology used for client/server in Cartoweb may be a bit confusing. You need soap only if you wish to separate interface handling and data handling INSIDE Cartoweb. This is internal to Cartoweb and do not have any effect on the way you are consuming Cartoweb.

As for why soap doesnt work on your system, I have no idea. Nothing in the error you reported or log give any clue about it. What you can try is to increase the error reporting level of PHP (in php.ini) and also activate the logging system in Cartoweb to collect more data (http://www.cartoweb.org/doc_head/docbook/xhtml/dev.debug.html).