[Cartoweb-users] problems refreshing map with hilight

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Thu Apr 10 04:32:13 EDT 2008

mmm,
im wondering if noMapInfoCache is really taken into account.

to be certain it's not a cache problem , you can temporarily force the map
to be generated all the time if you modify a bit the file
/server/MapResultCache.php in function getMap

just put return $this->getMapResultFromServer($mapRequest); right after
$mapResultFile = $this->getMapResultFile($mapRequest);

if that solve the problem, then you should investigate why the
noMapInfoCache is not used, otherwise ... well, I presume some deeper
debuging is needed.

> Hi Oliver, it doesn't seem to be a matter of policy, since i tried the XOR
> too without luck
> .. to further explain my configuration i am in custom profile in client
> and
> server, with
>
> noMapInfoCache = true
>
> in both client.ini and server.ini
>
> i'm also attaching my cartoclient.log in case anyone finds out anything
> strange...
> in this file i correctly hilight 'tombe' layer, and nothing more, but
> 'settori' layer gets hilighted
> as well, untill i pan or zoom, then the correct image displays...
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p16604525/cartoclient.log cartoclient.log
>
> thank you for your patience
>

> Oliver Christen wrote:
>>
>> mmm, as long as you do your modification before the map drawing, the map
>> should be generated accordingly to your modification.
>>
>> it could be eventually a problem with the policy, did you try with the
>> default POLICY_XOR policy to see if the map is correctly redrawn ?
>>
>> regards
>> Oliver
>>

>>> hi, i can't find a way to redraw the image map in this situation :
>>>
>>> i extended the clientquery plugin, then in method
>>> handleStandardParameters
>>> i