[Cartoweb-users] area and distance tools

victor valencia vhva1976 at yahoo.es
Tue Aug 26 05:46:57 EDT 2008

 Hi:
Is possible to set a projection for the area and distance tools that is different from the projection the mapfile has?
I have my mapfile and layers with EPSG:4326 and I need the area and distance measured with EPSG:32615
I know i can set the mapfile projection to EPSG:32615 but without changing the layers projection the processing time will increase because of the on-the-fly reprojection mapserver does. (lowering performance)
These tools will be used eventually, so i think my project performace does not have to be subordinate to them.
thanks in advance
Victor

Correo Yahoo!
Regístrate ya - http://correo.yahoo.es