[Cartoweb-users] Remote setup

Jacolin Yves yjacolin at free.fr
Mon Feb 4 04:07:01 EST 2008

hi,

A few years ago I did it something similar. There are some things to take
care: take care that your user won't run this script at the same timeas it
take some time to finished, if you are too many user importing data, you can
have some writing issue.

For my own purpose, I wrote a plugin to import data (shapefile) to a postgis
database and run this script as it is a php script you don't need to use the
exec function, which, IMHO, could be dangerous (as I read it on the net, I
may be wrong).

If you are interesting by this plugin (not to use, just to improve it or just
to drop an eye how I did it), I can send it to you. This script is quiet old,
far to be perfect ;) if you improve it, you can improve it :)

Best regards,

Y.
Le Monday 04 February 2008 09:46:07 Oliver Christen, vous avez écrit :
> Hi
>
> there is always http://ch2.php.net/manual/en/function.exec.php
>
> regards
> Oliver