[Cartoweb-users] statictools units

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Thu Feb 7 03:44:15 EST 2008

Hi

the unit were never intended to be parametrable
but you can certainly modify the javascript.
see functions Map.prototype.distance and Map.prototype.surface in dhtmlInit.js
all the calculation are done in metric value, so I think you only need to add a conversion formula just after the lines distance = ... and surface =

the string "km2" and "km" are automaticaly recovered from the template, so simply replace km2 and km in the template by whatever you want.

by the way, you can place the modified dhtmlInit.js in your project, this way only your project will bne affected by this modification.