[Cartoweb-users] Problem with Cartoweb basic setup

Jill Recla jill.recla at jax.org
Sat Feb 9 16:47:45 EST 2008

Hi all,

I'm new to Cartoweb and am trying to get it set up.  I previously
installed MS4W (v.2.2.6, which includes PHP version 5.2.5) on my Windows
XP machine and had the MapServer Itasca 5.x demo up and running.  I
downloaded Cartoweb and unzipped it in the directory
C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs.  However, when I try to run the basic setup using
this command:

C:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin\>php.exe C:\ms4w\apps\cartoweb3\cw3setup.php --help

nothing happens.

The URL http://localhost/cartoweb3/htdocs/client.php works fine, and I
am able to try all of the demos in the dropdown box.  However, I clearly
ran into a problem when I tried to create my won project.  I followed
the instructions given in section C.1 of the Cartoweb3 documentation to
create my project directory, but I was unable to complete the set up of
my project as described in section C.2, as nothing happened when I ran
the above command.  When I go to my project URL
(http://localhost/cartoweb3/htdocs/genosis.php), I get the following error:

An exception in early stage occured:

CartoclientException::__set_state(array(
 'msg' => 'You need to set cartoclientBaseUrl in client.ini',
 'message' => 'You need to set cartoclientBaseUrl in client.ini
Backtrace:

file: 454 - C:\\ms4w\\apps\\cartoweb3\\client\\Cartoclient.php
call: ClientConfig->__construct(Object(ClientProjectHandler))

file: 675 - C:\\ms4w\\apps\\cartoweb3\\client\\Cartoclient.php
call: Cartoclient->getConfig()

file: 401 - C:\\ms4w\\apps\\cartoweb3\\client\\Cartoclient.php
call: Cartoclient->initializePlugins()

file: 31 - C:\\ms4w\\apps\\cartoweb3\\htdocs\\client.php
call: Cartoclient->__construct()

file: 3 - C:\\ms4w\\apps\\cartoweb3\\htdocs\\genosis.php
call: require_once("C:\\ms4w\\apps\\cartoweb3\\htdocs\\client.php")

Which makes sense, since the cw3setup.php file doesn't appear to be
doing anything.

I made sure that the lines

extension=php_soap.dll
extension=php_curl.dll
extension=php_gettext.dll

were uncommented in php.ini and that the corresponding files were
available in the php/ext directory.  Here is the link to my php_info if
it helps:

http://treebeard.informatics.jax.org/phpinfo.php

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is??  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jill