[Cartoweb-users] Project in Linux and Windows

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Wed Feb 20 04:21:53 EST 2008

I have never heard of such weird behaviour, especialy on Linux.
Have you tried on another server ?
What Linux distribution are you using?
Do you test directly on the Linux server or from a distant computer ? If so
dou dont have firewall or things like that between you and the server ?

> Thanks very much Oliver for your reply.  I have installed and cleaned the
> project but I still have problem with my project in Linux.  I have set my
> profile = custom and noMapResultCache = true in my
> project/server_conf/server.ini, but the map always shows some previous map
> display when I zooming or panning the map. I guess it is still getting the
> old map images from the cache for display.  Sometimes the map even shows
> nothing but only the magnified scalebar inside the map area.  The map now
> becomes very unreliable.
>
> Everything works very fine in windows for the same project so I wonder if
> havent installed my cartoweb in linux properly or there are some other
> causes?  How to totally disable the cache?
>
> Thanks again,
> Jady
>

> Oliver Christen wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> there shouldnt be any problem as long as you dont forget to execute the
>> setup procedure once you have copied the project from windows to linux,
>> so
>> the various files are correctly generated/copied (since this depends of
>> the
>> system)
>>
>> also be sure it is not a problem with your browser (clear your cache,
>> ...)
>>
>> regards
>> Oliver

>>> differently.  For instance, the map display doesnt update when I zoom
>>> in,