[Cartoweb-users] lat/lon URL request

Lauber Christoph ch.lauber at geo-thun.ch
Fri Jul 11 10:54:18 EDT 2008

Hi list

What do I have to change in CartoWeb if I would like to allow URL acces by lat/lon coordinates to my CartoWeb project?

My actual project is in EPSG: 21781 (swiss projection system). I can open the project for example like this: http://mapserver3.internetgalerie.ch/be-geo/be-geo.php?recenter_x=613603&recenter_y=177661&recenter_scale=10000.

I got a hint from a univerity professor that most of the Geo Services (like http://88.198.44.148/directory) only support lat/lon coordinates. The means that on a request for a city the URL will be generated with lat/lon coordinates. Is CarotWeb by default capable to handle that?

Or do I have to write a new recenter plugin (http://www.cartoweb.org/cwiki/HowToWriteaRecenterPlugin) and change the parameters from recenter_x to something like recenter_lat?

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Christoph Lauber

Dütschler & Naegeli, Vermessung+Geoinformation AG
Fliederweg 11, Postfach, 3601 Thun