[Cartoweb-users] Problem choosing project and authentication

Bruno Friedmann bruno at ioda-net.ch
Sun Jul 13 14:07:18 EDT 2008

Matthias Buchs wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a couple of projects in my CW 3.4 installation. Each project is
> used by different people. There is one start page outside CW where the
> users can choose the project. Then the CW client.php is called with the
> appropriate project=... GET parameter. So far everything works fine. If
> I activate now the auth plugin and require all users to authenticate
> (securityAllowedRoles = loggedIn in client.ini) authentication is never
> successful. I found out that CW uses not the auth.ini file from the
> selected project, but from the test_main project, which seems to be some
> kind of default in my environment. This suspicion was confirmed when I
> copied one auth.ini file into the test_main project. Doing so the
> authentication is successful, but I end up seeing the test_main page.
> Therefore, I am guessing that the auth plugin throws all get parameters
> away.
> Is my config buggy? If no, does anybody know a workaround?
>
> Regards Matthias

Hello Mathias, a quick and dirty workaround is processing auth by ldap or db.

For auth file I suspect that you could give it a real path (accessible by the webserver) rather a linked.
I've no time to check this is code.
but a @VAR@ into the client.ini.in and auth.ini.in should do the trick.

Sorry but I short on time ;-)

--