[Cartoweb-users] iso-8859-2

wochter wochter at seznam.cz
Tue Jun 17 00:44:40 EDT 2008

Hi,
the problem is in using special czech and slovak (maybe other)
characters with this plugin.
(for example: ľščťžýáí鼊ȍŽÝÁÍÉ)
I changed some e-mails witch Oliver and he confirm this problem.
Plugin exportPdf uses fpdf and it doesn't support utf8 yet.
Last version of fpdf is dated to v1.53 (2004-12-31).

Autor writes:
(http://www.fpdf.org/)

7. Accented characters are replaced by some strange characters like é.
Don't use UTF-8 encoding. Standard FPDF fonts use ISO-8859-1 or
Windows-1252. It is possible to perform a conversion to ISO-8859-1 with
utf8_decode():

$str = utf8_decode($str);

But some characters such as Euro won't be translated correctly. If the
iconv extension is available, the right way to do it is the following:

$str = iconv('UTF-8', 'windows-1252', $str);

I don't know exactly how exportPdf plugin works, but it doesn't works
correctly for me.

Thanx for you favour.

wochter