[Cartoweb-users] shtml and cartoweb

Bruno Friedmann bruno at ioda-net.ch
Wed Mar 19 05:26:14 EDT 2008

Oliver Christen wrote:
> you mean https I presume?
> This is purely a webserver problematic and shouldnt have any influence
> whatsoever on the web applications.
>

>> Hi All,
>> in order to improve security, could be used shtml protocol ?
>> I'm not good at shtml, and I don't know if there could be problem with
>> smarty and cartoweb,
>> is there anyone that is experienced about that ?
>>
>> Thanks and regards

Just verfiy carefully that all of your link are relative and don't call a http://serveur/carto somewhere.

Be carefull about performances, https often disallow local browser cache. So there's a risk for your bandwith if the browser has
to reload each time the 30+ javascript + xxx icons and so external files.

     Bruno Friedmann  bruno at ioda-net.ch

Ioda-Net Sàrl   - www.ioda-net.ch
  2830 Vellerat - Switzerland

  Tél : ++41 32 435 7171