[Cartoweb-users] quality of the map image

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Fri Mar 28 07:39:06 EDT 2008

you can change everthing you want in the mapfile with mapscript, simply do a
plugin the same way as if you wanted to use mapOverlay, and in
handlePreDrawing (I presume) get the map object like this:

$msMapObj = $this->serverContext->getMapObj();

then just apply on the $msMapObj object the function you want to modify what
you want.
see http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/phpmapscript-class for
functions references.

something like

$msMapObj->set('outputformat',
'some_existing_outputformat_definition_in_your_mapfile');

this is untested and I have always considered the mapscript documentation to
be unclear, ask on the mapserver mailing list for more details.