[Cartoweb-users] Cartoweb Tables

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Mon Mar 31 03:00:12 EDT 2008

Hi

Be sure you have at least some knowledge in PHP programmation. If not, I would strongly suggest either ask for the help of some programmer or follow some programmation tutorials.

You have to create a plugin. This plugin will query the Postgres/postgis database.
You can use the Tables plugin to format the query result, but that's not an obligation.

Please read carefuly the chapter 2 of the developer manual http://www.cartoweb.org/doc_head/docbook/xhtml/dev.newplugin.html
and understand the data flow in Cartoweb http://www.cartoweb.org/doc/misc/plugins_diagram.pdf

Your plugin will only need a Client part, I think.
If the data you want to display depends of the layers selected/displayed, you can get the list of active layers like this:
$layersPlugin = $this->cartoclient->getPluginManager()->getPlugin('layers');
$activatedLayers = $layersPlugin->getSelectedLayers();

Have a look at the examples in http://www.cartoweb.org/cwiki/HowTo
Im sure there are several pieces of code you can easily use.

Looking at existing plugins to see what they contain and how they work can help you a lot too.