[Cartoweb-users] Update Mapserver and consequences

Bruno Friedmann bruno at ioda-net.ch
Fri May 16 04:40:56 EDT 2008

Arnaud DELEURME wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have many questions about our Cartoweb3.2.
> We have some problems in relation with the visualization of datas.
> The data from the WMS service aren't in a correct position, there is a gap.
> The data don't overlay with the reference data.
> GIS forum speaks about bugs on the earlier version of Mapserver 5
>
> My questions are:
> - Is it a problem about the version of mapserver?
> - Could an earlier version of the version 5.x be the cause of this gap's problem?
>
> - If I make the update of mapserver, could it cause bugs with the tools, functionnalities or datas?
> Thanks
>
> Arnaud

Hi Arnaud.

We are working with cw3 3.4 (+svn mix)
under a 64bits OS (openSUSE 10.3) with php 5.2.6
Marpserver is the 5.0.2
Gdal is 1.5.1 (which has a bug in handling geoTIFF, but work nicely with png)
(this should be resolv in 1.5.3)

But has you are in cw3 3.2 I know there's some important changes in cartoweb that's you should take into you plans
if you decide to update anything.

Perharps just a update of mapserver could help you with your specific issue.

--

     Bruno Friedmann

Ioda-Net Sàrl   - www.ioda-net.ch
  2830 Vellerat - Switzerland